- Find y stickers and put on Y
- Color and assemble Letter Y Book
- Go to library and get y books
- Video: Olive and the Rhyme Rescue Crew
- Fill in letter Y Outline and y Outline with: (Other options: yarn, yellow things)
- Stand and make a letter y
- Old versus young (look through photo album and see who is old and who is young)
- Sang the Yankee Doodle song
- Video: Get Squiggling!
- Real yo yo
- Aluminum foil with yellow yogurt to write and play in. I had the baby playing with it too, so I decided to use turmeric and saffron to make it yellow instead of dye.
- Yesterday or today (talk about things that have been done…were they yesterday or today?)
- Activity Sheet 1
- Activity Sheet 2
- Video: Sesame Street and the Letter Y
- Lego making — the Yak above is one example
- Activity Sheet 3
- Activity Sheet 4
- Starfall Computer Activity
- Gather up any toys (animals are especially great for this) that start with the letter. Create a centerpiece and display the items. We did a hunt around the house for yellow stuff.
- Y Dinner
Appetizer: yellow tomatoes with hummus
Dinner: Yakitori (I just bought packaged ones.), yellow squash, yellow rice with peas, baked yellow carrots
Dessert: Yorkshire Pudding (I added blueberries and just made it in a cake pan.)
Other Food Options: yellow food, yams, yellow squash, yogurt, yolk, yak, yeast, yucca, yams)
- Bible Story: Yahweh
Letter X Post and Letter Z Post
All Letter of the Week Posts
Click here for Alphabet Pinterest Board
To see more themes and what my four year old learned this year, click here.