We only did three days for this letter.
- Find x stickers and put on X
- Color and assemble Letter X Book
- Go to library and get x books
- Video: Olive and the Rhyme Rescue Crew
- Play the xylophone and make a Lego one. 🙂
- Starfall Computer Activity
- Video: Get Squiggling!
- Put an x on paper with tape and let her paint it and then pull it off (see picture below)
- Color in X Outline and x Outline with: toothpicks that make an x (other options: old x-ray film, q-tip x-ray, sixes, foxes, boxes)
- Play tic tac toe
- Activity Sheet 1
- Activity Sheet 2
- Video: Sesame street and the Letter X
- X ray art — We looked at x-rays, and she used a white crayon on black construction paper. Outlined her hand and made lines for bones. Then she added some people to it too. (You can see it in the picture below).
- Activity Sheet 3
- Activity Sheet 4
- Gather up any toys (animals are especially great for this) that start with the letter. Create a centerpiece and display the items.
- X Dinner
Appetizers: carrot sticks and pretzels in the shape of x’s (I realized that this would be too time consuming to do individually, so I made an x on the plate. 🙂 )Dinner: Xoriatiki — which is just basically Greek salad, diced cucumber, tomato, Greek olives, feta, red onions and balsamic dressing or olive oil and balsamic
Xancuti Chicken and rice, with broccoli. You can google the real recipe. I’m not totally sure I can call it this, since I wasn’t willing to go out and buy a lot of the specific ingredients. I used whatever I had on hand, and it was good! In the crockpot, I put about 3 cups of chicken broth, a 1/2 cup of coconut milk, a tsp of ginger, tsp of garlic, 2 tsp of coriander, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom and 2 tsp of salt. Stirred it. Added chicken thighs and coated them. Added cut up onions on top. Then cooked for about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.And if you’ve got a beer drinker, don’t forget to get some Dos Equis.
Dessert: Xando (Yum!! Very good. I need to write the lazy cook’s guide to cooking. A cookbook with real recipes and then the recipe with all the shortcuts to make it easier and still taste good. That would sell, right?) Anyway, I just put 2 bananas and less than a 1/4 of cream cheese, a handful of chocolate chips. I ripped up one whole wheat tortilla and just kind of tried to wrap it up. I also just put chunks of butter on top of them and sprinkled coconut sugar and cinnamon all over them, assuming the butter would melt and spread that around. It did. As you can see, mine are definitely not as nice as the link. But, they tasted good.)Other food options: xingua, xacuti spice, Xavier soup, x shaped cookies, xcatik chile, Xavier steak. xerem de fiesta, xian hamburger, xylophone cake, xynomizithra cheese, xynotyro cheese
All Letter of the Week Posts
Click here for Alphabet Pinterest Board
To see more themes and what my four year old learned this year, click here.