- Find v stickers and put on V
- Color and assemble Letter V Book
- Go to library and get v books
- Put out V words (vacuum, vase…I highly recommend using masking or painting tape so nothing is ruined when you pull it off)
- Video: How It’s Made: Violins
- Video: 3 Year Old Violinist
- Video: Shake It Off – Chargaux Violin Cover
- Video: Mark Ronson Uptown Funk Viola Cover
- Fill in V Outline and v Outline with: velvet, vines, vowels, violet, vegetables (cut out pictures from grocery coupon mailers) or use vegetable prints
- Starfall Computer activity
- Video: Olive and the Rhyme Rescue Crew
- Activity Sheet 1
- Cut strips out of paper bags, make vines, hang up…color and cut out vegetable cutouts to attach to it. These vines look much nicer than mine — mine took very little time…and it shows!! Haha!
- Activity Sheet 2
- Video: Get Squiggling!
- Letter to friend whose name starts with V
- Listen to voices – We talked about accents and watched this video of how her grandpa talked when he was little. It was quit funny. She had to have me explain everything they were saying.
- Song: Flying V
- Video: Ask Smithsonian – Why Do Geese Fly in a V
- Activity Sheet 3
- Video: Sesame Street and the Letter V
- Activity Sheet 4
- Get out vases and put violet colored flowers in them (Violets themselves weren’t available here or I’d have used them.)
- Gather up any toys (animals are especially great for this) that start with the letter. Create a centerpiece and display the items.
- V Dinner
Appetizer: Volcano Dip (Almost…minus the cream cheese part and refried beans instead of black beans.)
Note to self: when using a hand held blender, make sure it’s unplugged when you decide to go digging out the cream cheese stuck in the blades. Because this might happen. I was really glad I had taught my daughter how to make a phone call on my phone. After the initial freak out, she was able to call my mom for me.
For once I was on schedule with dinner prep, but this put me back an hour or so, so I was rushing through everything. Therefore, I did not get pics of anything for V dinner. 🙁 But, let me tell you, it was my favorite yet. Everything was really delicious.
Dinner: Vichyssoise (also super good), Very good steak (and it was), Very good chicken, vegetables, Virginia Spoon bread (also really delicious!)
Dessert: Vinegar Pie (This was really delicious. I liked it a lot.)
Other Options: veggie chips with a veggie dip, vegetables, vanilla wafers, venison, veal, vegetable soup, Vienna sasuage
Letter U Post and Letter W Post
All Letter of the Week Posts
Click here for Alphabet Pinterest Board
To see more themes and what my four year old learned this year, click here.