- Find v stickers and put on V
- Color and assemble Letter V Book
- Go to library and get v books
- Put out V words (vacuum, vase…I highly recommend using masking or painting tape so nothing is ruined when you pull it off)
- Video: How It’s Made: Violins
- Video: 3 Year Old Violinist
- Video: Shake It Off – Chargaux Violin Cover
- Video: Mark Ronson Uptown Funk Viola Cover
- Fill in V Outline and v Outline with: velvet, vines, vowels, violet, vegetables (cut out pictures from grocery coupon mailers) or use vegetable prints
- Starfall Computer activity
- Video: Olive and the Rhyme Rescue Crew
- Activity Sheet 1
- Cut strips out of paper bags, make vines, hang up…color and cut out vegetable cutouts to attach to it. These vines look much nicer than mine — mine took very little time…and it shows!! Haha!
- Activity Sheet 2
- Video: Get Squiggling!
- Letter to friend whose name starts with V
- Listen to voices – We talked about accents and watched this video of how her grandpa talked when he was little. It was quit funny. She had to have me explain everything they were saying.
- Song: Flying V
- Video: Ask Smithsonian – Why Do Geese Fly in a V
- Activity Sheet 3
- Video: Sesame Street and the Letter V
- Activity Sheet 4
- Get out vases and put violet colored flowers in them (Violets themselves weren’t available here or I’d have used them.)
- Gather up any toys (animals are especially great for this) that start with the letter. Create a centerpiece and display the items.
- V Dinner
Appetizer: Volcano Dip (Almost…minus the cream cheese part and refried beans instead of black beans.)
Note to self: when using a hand held blender, make sure it’s unplugged when you decide to go digging out the cream cheese stuck in the blades. Because this might happen. I was really glad I had taught my daughter how to make a phone call on my phone. After the initial freak out, she was able to call my mom for me.
For once I was on schedule with dinner prep, but this put me back an hour or so, so I was rushing through everything. Therefore, I did not get pics of anything for V dinner. 🙁 But, let me tell you, it was my favorite yet. Everything was really delicious.
Dinner: Vichyssoise (also super good), Very good steak (and it was), Very good chicken, vegetables, Virginia Spoon bread (also really delicious!)
Dessert: Vinegar Pie (This was really delicious. I liked it a lot.)
Other Options: veggie chips with a veggie dip, vegetables, vanilla wafers, venison, veal, vegetable soup, Vienna sasuage
All Letter of the Week Posts
Click here for Alphabet Pinterest Board
To see more themes and what my four year old learned this year, click here.