- Find u stickers and put on U (She’s basically over this activity. So, I have discontinued it. I think maybe it was too easy, but if I made it harder, it was too hard. 🙂 )
- Color and assemble Letter U Book
- Go to library and get u books
- Put out U words (umbrella…I highly recommend using masking or painting tape so nothing is ruined when you pull it off)
- Starfall Computer Activity
- Video: Olive and the Rhyme Rescue Crew
- Fill in U Outline and u Outline with: she chose to draw ukuleles and umbrellas (other ideas: utensils (plastic), uniorns, u’s, u-boats, underwater scene)
- Upside down drawing (tape paper under her table and let her draw)
- Video: Sesame Street and the Letter U
- U Toss — horseshoes
- Umbrella Picture made from cupcake liners – I glued down the cupcake liners and drew handles. I told her to draw the scene.
- Activity Sheet 1
- Activity Sheet 2
- Video: Get Squiggling!
- Letter to a friend whose name starts with U
- Up and down – play with keeping a balloon up
- Her older cousins were here and wanted to build some U Lego. Her 9 year old cousin came up with these.
- Activity Sheet 3
- Activity Sheet 4
- Gather up any toys (animals are especially great for this) that start with the letter. I also strung up something to eat under. (We had my parents over, that’s why it was a little fancier than usual. 🙂 )
Create a centerpiece and display the items. We found “ugly” things and put something upside down.
- U Dinner
Appetizers: cashews and umbrella fruity drink – cut pineapple slices in half to make it U-shaped (last minute trip to the store did not produce umbrellas for drink, so I got little cupcake liners and put them on a toothpick)
Soup: Udon Noodle Soup (I used these, but both were too spicy for me! My husband said they weren’t spicy at all. So…)
Dinner: U-Shaped meatloaf patties, green beans placed in a u-shape and elbows with olive oil and dried tomatoes.
Dessert: I can’t remember! I should’ve done this earlier! Oops! As my mom said, it must have been “unmemorable!” Ba-dump-bump 😉
- Other options: ugli fruit, unleavened bread, uncooked food, upside down cake, eat under the table
- Bible Story: Uriah, Uzziah
All Letter of the Week Posts
Click here for Alphabet Pinterest Board
To see more themes and what my four year old learned this year, click here.